Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Houndstooth Nails Part II

A significant majority of the individuals who happen upon my blog do so while researching the words "houndstooth nails" in search engines. As a man this typically female obsession with coloring and patterning your nails seems alien and exotic. Terms like 'stamping', 'polymerization' and 'proximal nail fold', terms that I'm sure are standard in a girl's nail beautifying lexicon, only add to the acute mystery of these ancient female finger rites.

I thought I'd conduct some online research myself and I've come across a few fascinating methods for achieving the houndstooth nail. Obviously the skilled draftsman can painstakingly hand paint the pattern with duotone polish but most sane people would prefer a nail art stamping kit such as the ones made by Konad or Minx which Asami over at My Manicure and Siobhan over at The Nail Phile demonstrate to great effect.


Alternatively you can buy preconfigured houndstooth artificial nails like these japanese style versions at www.ayamisnail.com.



And here is a youtube tutorial on painting your own houndstooth.

And then maybe, just maybe, one day you may even surpass Lee Redmond as the title holder of the world's sexiest nails.


It's a slippery slope. And don't say I didn't warn ya.

1 comment:

  1. this is crazy. how could you do anything with your nails like this. how long would it take to get your nails this long

    ReplyDelete