Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Houndstooth Virus Magnified


I find it stunning how relentless and pervasive the houndstooth phenomenon is. No one is safe! It has the potential to infect every generation equally. You are as likely to see it on a toddler's beanie or a baby's pram, a teenager's Nixon wristwatch, or an elderly gentleman's cap. There is no immunization, there is no antidote, there is no reprieve!!!

It has even infiltrated the furthest reaches of sub-culture. Like this wild west cowboy shirt from Sho-N-Off



Or this pink cyber-goth mini available through Voodoo Dolly.


And even graffiti artists are all over it as we can see in Marybeth's photo document of the side of train tracks in Washington state. I wouldn't even be suprised if it appeared on the cover of the next Slayer album! It's too much! When I close my eyes at night all i see is houndstooth, houndstooth, houndstooth!!! Just like that streaming green binary code in The Matrix movies. The fabric of reality is crumbling!!! But I chose the blue pill! I chose the blue pill!!!

Be warned houndstooth lovers... paisley will have its day.

No comments:

Post a Comment